Cartel is a Montréal-based conference for new music curators, organized by Groupe Le Vivier, carrefour des musiques nouvelles in Montréal in collaboration with the Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival and the executive committee members:
- Pierrette Gingras, Le Vivier, Montréal, Canada
- Graham McKenzie, Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival, Huddersfield, UK
- Kate Nordstrum, Liquid Music, Saint Paul, USA
- David Pay, Music on Main, Vancouver, Canada
- Lauren Pratt, California Institut of the art, REDCAT Theatre, Valencia, USA
- Thørbjørn Thonder Henson, Ultima Festival, Oslo, Norway
A continuation of the CartelMTL meeting organized in Montréal in June 2014, of the Trans-Atlantic festival network conferences organized in Copenhagen in September 2015, and Cartel 2016 in Montréal, this Cartel fourth edition will focus on ways to develop collaboration between contemporary music presenters in Europe and North America.
Cartel 2018 will take place between May 16th and 20th 2018, during the Festival international de musique actuelle de Victoriaville (FIMAV). Besides attending meetings, participants will be able to attend an exciting array of concerts presented by the FIMAV and Le Vivier.