Thursday, September 13, 20128:00 pm
Admission: 514-790-1245, 1-855-790-1245
5 tickets for the price of 4, only by phone: 514-843-9305 || 50% off with the Le Vivier Privilege Card (on sale starting September 6)
SMCQ will kick off their hard-hitting season with three essential and accessible works that are sure to please connoisseurs and the general audience alike!
- Pascale Beaudin, soprano
- Marie-Annick Béliveau, mezzo-soprano
- Michiel Schrey, tenor
- Pierre-Étienne Bergeron, bass
- Ben Reimer, drum set
- Julien Grégoire, percussion
- Sixtrum (João Catalão; Julien Grégoire; Julien Compagne; Philip Hornsey; Kristie Ibrahim; Ben Duinker; Fabrice Marandola)
- Ensemble de la SMCQ (Geneviève Beaudry; Nadia Francavilla; Pemi Paull; Chloé Dominguez; Denis Chabot; Marie-Hélène Breault; Geneviève Déraspe; David Jomphe; Gilles C Plante; Julie Carmen Lefebvre; Christian Navratil; Pamela Putnam; Thierry Champs; Simon Jolicoeur-Côté; Annabelle Renzo; Louise-Andrée Baril)
- Walter Boudreau, conductor
drum kit, chamber orchestra and 6 percussions
4 voices, 12 instruments and 6 percussions
The program, performed by SMCQ and percussion ensemble Sixtrum, features composers who have reconciled the avant-garde and “popular” culture in the true sense of the word: universal. SMCQ’s first concert this season will take the audience through soundworlds with successive hues of jazz (Darius Milhaud), techno (Nicole Lizée) and film music (Michel Longtin).